Clarifying personal data
A: All right, Mr. Winston. Let me just clarify this information: your date of birth is May 15, 1942? And your social security numb
A: Let me just add these numbers up for you, and I should be able to give you an answer.
B: Thanks. I’m sorry to give you so much trouble.
A: It’s no trouble at all, Ms
Receiving a compliment letter
A: MaryAnn, this is a letter from Mr. Smith. He worked with you last month.
B: I remember. What does he have to say?
A: Well, he just wanted to tell
A list of complaints
A: This is my list of complaints, Andrew. I would appreciate it if you would look over them.
B: Certainly, Ms. Parker. Thank you for coming directly to me. Y
A compliment after service
A: Is there anything else I can do for you, Ms. Cozwell?
B: No, thanks. That’ll do it for today, Joe. I don’t know how you keep all this st
A: Good afternoon. Paul Lands speaking.
B: Mr. Lands? It’s Roberta Myers calling. I’ve got to thank you for the work you did on that newspaper ad.
Asking about a refund
A: Excuse me, but I thought I was supposed to receive a check for $2,500 for merchandise I returned to your company.
B: I’m sorry, sir. Could you te
A good office space design
A: Richard? It’s Marie Sinclair over at the design studio. How are you?
B: Just fine, Ms. Sinclair. Is there anything I can do for you?
Unable to answer a customer
A: Excuse me? Are you listening to me?
B: Yes, sir. I understand why you’re upset, sir.
A: Well then, do something about it!
B: I am very sorr
A successful restaurant AD
A: Linda? It’s Michael Davenport. Your office handled the advertising for my new restaurant: “The Steak House”.
B: I remember, Mr.
After helping a customer
A: Well, I hope that answers your questions, Mr. Gardiner. Here’s your printout.
B: Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your assistance.
An angry new customer
A: If I had known I’d get service like this, I would have gone somewhere else!
B: I’m sorry, sir. Could you tell me what the problem is, p
Praise for winning a case
A: Good morning. Beck and Beck legal Services. May I help you?
B: Phyllis? Is that you? It’s Craig Masters.
A: Mr. Masters! Hello. How are you?
Explaining a delay
A: When are you going to give me the prototype you promised?
B: I apologize for the delay, Mr. Parker. We have been waiting on a piece from one of our factor
Discussing an AD’s music
A: What were you thinking when you came up with this jingle? It doesn’t have anything to do with my product!
B: We felt that it was on targ
An irate customer
A: If I have to wait one more minute, I’m going to take my business somewhere else I have been waiting to see Mr. Barkley for nearly 25 minutes!
A disappointed client
A: I’m really disappointed in the quality of your work, Ms. Patrick. I expected a better standard.
B: I am very sorry you feel that way, Mr. Garth.
Put on hold for too long
A: Do not put me on hold again, please!
B: I’m very sorry, madam.. The phones have been ringing off the hock.
A: Excuse me, but that’s not my
Explaining to a customer
A: I don’t understand this, Ms. Walker. When exactly are you going to finish this job?
B: Well, it will probably take another few weeks, Mr. Brooks
Handling a problem
A: What? You’ve lost the plans? How did that happen?
B: I am terribly sorry, Mr. Richardson. We sent the plans by express mail to our branch in shanghai,
With a very upset customer
A: This is the last time I’m using your company. I have never seen so much disorganization!
B: I do apologize, Mr. Kane. There is really no excus
With an angry client
A: Look! I’ve had enough! If you can’t get this straightened out, I’m going to a different firm!
B: I understand why you’re angry, Mr
With an angry customer
A: I need to speak with a manager!
B: I’m sorry, sir. But all of our managers are busy at the moment. Would you please have a seat in the waiting roo
Visiting a customer
A: Good morning, Ms. Dunlop. My name’s Vance Fremont. I’m the customer relations officer for Walker Medical Services.
B: Good morning, Mr. Fremont
- 2国际英语新闻:3 top Afghan provincial officials killed in shooting, U.S. general unhurt
- 3国际英语新闻:Ecuador expels Venezuelan ambassador over "offensive comments"
- 4国际英语新闻:Russian PM rules out military response to sanctions
- 5国际英语新闻:Putin says Abe rejects proposal of Russia-Japan peace treaty
- 6国际英语新闻:Pompeo says to give Saudi Arabia "a few more days" on probe
- 7国际英语新闻:UN envoy urges de-escalation in "imploding" Gaza
- 8国内英语新闻:China, Cambodia to enhance trade, investment cooperation
- 9国内英语新闻:China, Vietnam eye closer industrial, trade cooperation
- 10国内英语新闻:China, Belt and Road countries seek deeper cooperation on energy
- 1国内英语新闻:Xi reiterates China's commitment to free trade, globalization
- 2国际英语新闻:Hostage safely freed at Cologne station incident
- 3国际英语新闻:Spotlight: Merkel's Bavarian ally suffers great election loss
- 4国际英语新闻:Malaysia's Anwar expected to return to parliament in by-election
- 5国际英语新闻:Indonesia's quakes, tsunami kill 2,073 as search mission extended
- 6国际英语新闻:Rutte and Merkel hope for more progress in Brexit talks
- 7国际英语新闻:Trump to appoint new ambassador to UN in two or three weeks
- 8国际英语新闻:Romanian FM reiterates desire to join Schengen
- 9国际英语新闻:Voting ends "peacefully" in Cameroon's presidential poll: election body
- 10国际英语新闻:Latvians vote to elect new parliament
- 别扯没用的，土地事实上属于地方政府才是关键。粮食更重要，咋不炒粮食？ 2018-06-23