Is it true that the American intellectual is rejected and considered of no account in his society?
I am going to suggest that it is not true.
Father Bruckberger told part of the
It is not easy to talk about the role of the mass media in this overwhelmingly significant phase in European history.
History and news become confused,
and one's impres
The relation of language and mind has interested philosophers for many centuries.
(1)The Greeks assumed that the structure of language had some connection with the process o
Human beings in all times and places think about their world and wonder at their place in it.
Humans are thoughtful and creative,
possessed of insatiable curiosity.
Almost all our major problems involve human behavior,
and they cannot be solved by physicaland biological technology alone.
What is needed is a technology of behavior,
In less than 30 years' time the Star Trek holodeck will be a reality.
Direct links between the brain's nervous system
and a computer will also create full sensory v
Governments throughout the world act on the assumption that the welfare of their people
depends largely on the economic strength and wealth of the community.
(1)While there are almost as many definitions of history as there are historians,
modern practice most closely conforms to one that sees history as the attempt to recreate
They were, by far,the largest and most distant objects that scientists had ever detected:
a strip of enormous cosmic clouds some 15 billion light-years from earth.
Do animals have rights?
This is how the question is usually put.
It sounds like a useful, ground-clearing way to start.
(1)Actually, it isn't, because it assumes that
The differences in relative growth of various areas of scientific research have several causes.
(1)Some of these causes are completely reasonable results of social needs.
The standardized educational or psychological tests
that are widely used to aid in selecting, classifying, assigning, or promoting students, employees,
and military personn
According to the new school of scientists,
technology is an overlooked force in expanding the horizons of scientific knowledge.
(1)Science moves forward, they say,
By 1830 the former Spanish and Portuguese colonies had become independent nations.The roughly 20 million inhabitants of these nations looked hopefully to the future.Born in the cri
2007年黑暗版历年完形真题解析By 1830 the former Spanish and Portuguese colonies had become independent nations.The roughly 20 million inhabitants of these nations looked hopefully t
2006The homeless make up a growing percentage of America's population.(1)Indeed homelessness has reached such proportions that local governments can't possibly (2)cope.To h
2005The human nose is an underrated tool.Humans are often thought to be insensitive smellers compared with animals,(1)but this is largely because, (2)unlike animals,we stand uprigh
2004Many theories concerning the causes of juvenile delinquency(crimes committed by young people)focus either on the individual or on society as the major contributing influence.Th
2003Teachers need to be aware of the emotional, intellectual,and physical changes that young adults experience.And they also need to give serious (1)thought to how they can best (2
2002Comparisons were drawn between the development of television in the 20th centuryand the diffusion of printing in the 15th and 16th centuries.Yet much had happened (1) between.A
2001The government is to ban payments to witnesses by newspapers seeking to buy up people involved in prominent cases (1) such as the trial of Rosemary West.In a significant (2) ti
2000If a farmer wishes to succeed,he must try to keep a wide gap between his consumption and his production.He must store a large quantity of grain (1) instead of consuming all his
- 2CRI听力:Kenyan flowers to be displayed at CIIE
- 3CRI听力:UK to highlight hi-tech innovations at import expo
- 4CRI听力:Chinese import expo a platform for dialog: ITC director
- 5CRI听力:Shanghai gets ready for country's first import expo
- 67国际英语新闻:U.S. military confirms U.S. general wounded in Afghanistan attack
- 8国际英语新闻:Mauritanian FM hails "positive developments" in ties with Algeria
- 9国际英语新闻:Voting for Afghan parliamentary elections concludes
- 10国内英语新闻:CIIE to give int'l guests "a bite of China"
- 1国际英语新闻:Feature: Forcibly displaced Yemenis call for urgent support to survive icy winter
- 2国际英语新闻:People demonstrate in London for new Brexit vote
- 3国际英语新闻:Iraqi president says elimination of corruption priority of new gov't
- 4国内英语新闻:Xi reiterates China's commitment to free trade, globalization
- 5国际英语新闻:Hostage safely freed at Cologne station incident
- 6国际英语新闻:Spotlight: Merkel's Bavarian ally suffers great election loss
- 7国际英语新闻:Malaysia's Anwar expected to return to parliament in by-election
- 8国际英语新闻:Indonesia's quakes, tsunami kill 2,073 as search mission extended
- 9国际英语新闻:Rutte and Merkel hope for more progress in Brexit talks
- 10国际英语新闻:Trump to appoint new ambassador to UN in two or three weeks
- 别扯没用的，土地事实上属于地方政府才是关键。粮食更重要，咋不炒粮食？ 2018-06-23