Birthday party invitation
A: Melissa? I’d like to invite you to my wife’s birthday party.
B: Thanks, Frank. I’d love to come. When is it?
A: Her birthday is on the 9th. W
An angry customer
A: I am very sorry to hear that you’ve been having so many problems, sir.
B: Well, sorry isn’t good enough! What can you do to help me?
A: Well, to begin
A job well done
A: Good morning. Phyllis Seymour speaking.
B: Hi, Ms. Seymour? It’s Allan Parker. I’ve been waiting to call you and thank you for all your help last week.
Checking an account
A: Hi, this is Ralph Simmons. With whom am I speaking?
B: This is Paula Blake, Mr. Simmons. How can I help you?
A: I’m hoping you can sort a few things
Tracking down an order
A: Excuse me, I’m sorry to trouble you. My name is Susan Ransom, and I have placed several orders with you company.
B: Yes, Mr. Ransom? This is Karl
A newly received award
A: Philip, I was really glad to hear about your award. Congratulations!
B: Thanks, Denise. Actually, I was really surprised. I mean, there were a lot
Talking about a new pet
A: Jack! Do you want to see a picture of my new puppy?
B: Sure. I thought people only showed off pictures of their new babies, not new pets!
Talking about appearance
A: Hi, Ellen. That outfit looks terrific!
B: Thanks, Jim. I didn’t think guys paid attention to stuff like that.
A: No, we just don’t usually admi
Offering a cup of tea
A: How are you, Kim? I haven’t seen you around for a few days.
B: Oh, I was out sick most of last week. I’m still not completely over it. You’d bett
Inviting for cup of coffee
A: John! Wait a second! I was just heading downstairs for a cup of coffee. You want to come? I’ve got some good news!
B: Sure. Let me just grab m
Chatting about a new restaurant
A: Hi, Alex. How are you doing?
B: Just fine, Karen. I’m just taking a breather from all this paper work!
A: I know the feeling. I’m calli
Chatting with a newly wed
A: Hi, Sandy. Do you have a minute?
B: Yes, John. I’m on my break. What’s going on?
A: Not much. I just wanted to see how you were. How’s marrie
Complaining about overtime
A: You won’t believe who’s been elected to do overtime on the Baker account! Me! I’ve already logged in 20 hours of overtime!
B: Wow! Why so mu
Trouble with computers
A: The new computer software is driving me crazy! I really need a break!
B: I know what you mean, Carol. I’ve had nothing but trouble with it. They s
First day of school
A: Has your son started school yet, Tom?
B: Next week, it’s going to be quite a shock for him!
A: He’ll get used to it. They always do. I still remembe
A new exercise class
A: Did you hear that they are going to start an exercise class after work?
B: Oh really? When is it going to start?
A: Next month. I think. Are you goin
Back from vacation
A: Hi, Jim! When did you get back?
B: Yesterday. I was really sorry to see it end. The skiing was terrific!
A: I’m really jealous! I won’t be able to ge
Getting a promotion
A: Hey, Doug! How’d it go at that meeting yesterday? I know you were pretty anxious about it.
B: Fantastic! I got the promotion!
A: Great! When do you t
Chatting about child
A: How’s your little girl, Debbie?
B: Oh, she’s just fine. She’s so grown up now.
A: How old is she?
B: Four and a half going on twelve!
A: Sue? Do you want to join the softball team? We need another player.
B: I haven’t played softball since I was in high school!
A: Come on! It’ll be fun. We pl
Complaining about work
A: You look really wiped out.
B: I had meetings back to back all morning. Then the printer broke in the middle of putting together the Wix Soap presen
Chatting about sports
A: Hey, Mark? What were you up to yesterday? I called you, but there wasn’t anybody home.
B: We went out to the stadium. Bob hadn’t been to a game fo
Chatting with a new employee
A: Hi there, Philip. How’s everything going?
B: It’s going pretty well, but I’m really tired!
A: I don’t blame you. You’ve had a busy first
A: Hello, Cindy. Congratulations! I hear you’re getting married.
B: Yes, Mr. Emory. Thank you.
A: When’s the big day?
B: We’re planning a June wedding, bu
- 1每日一句 英语句子
- 2CRI听力:Interview with Oscars Vice President
- 3CRI听力:72nd Cannes Film Festival lineup unveiled
- 4CRI听力:Co-operation and young filmmakers' future in hot discussion at the film festival
- 5CRI听力:China's cross-border capital flow remains stable in Q1: spokesperson
- 6CRI听力:IFAD attributes China’s poverty alleviation success to vision and commitment
- 9又到一年飞絮季 北京绘“杨柳地图” 力争到2020年改善
- 10国际英语新闻:News Analysis: Trump's veto proves U.S. main role in prolonging Yemen's war
- 1国际英语新闻:U.S. Justice Department releases redacted version of Mueller report on Russia probe
- 2国际英语新闻:France to launch int'l competition to rebuild Notre Dame fire-ravaged spire
- 3国际英语新闻:Iran FM visits Syria, Turkey to discuss ties
- 4国际英语新闻:"Terrible" fire breaks out at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- 5国际英语新闻:Int'l warrior competition starts in Jordan
- 6国际英语新闻:Yemen parliament convenes for 1st time after 4 years of conflict
- 7国际英语新闻:Trump says 3rd meeting with DPRK's Kim possible
- 8国际英语新闻:EU27 grants flexible Brexit extension until end of October
- 9国际英语新闻:Yemen expects Kuwait's contribution to help economic recovery: FM
- 10国际英语新闻:Greek borders are not reopening, officials say
- 观察：激发乡村振兴的巾帼力量 2019-04-14
- （两会受权发布）中华人民共和国国家监察委员会主任简历 2019-04-12
- 世界杯老司机速成手册：球场之上，谁的眼泪在飞 2019-04-12
- 山西：鼓励可再生能源电力企业参与市场交易 2019-04-09
- 重庆“8D迷宫”楼走红 网友：住户能找到自己家吗 2019-04-08
- 女性之声——全国妇联 2019-04-08
- 有人踢球踢进了手术室 有人看球看到脖子扳牢了 2019-04-03
- 奥迪面临新一轮排放作弊调查 全球涉6万辆A6A7 2019-04-03
- “坏”胆固醇有六大克星 2019-04-02
- 售8.98万-15.18万元 2018款广汽传祺GS4上市 2019-04-02
- 据说2018北京高考作文这样写能得满分 2019-03-29
- 新华时评：磋商，不等于反复折腾 2019-03-29
- 践行“两山论”是一场发展的革命 2019-03-27
- 企鹅也怕冷 全国降温动物们也开启过冬模式 2019-03-24
- 5月一二三线城市房价环比都涨了 后续会咋样？ ——凤凰网房产济南 2019-03-19182| 81| 990| 350| 642| 422| 877| 436| 155| 254| 139| 855| 614| 984| 644|