MRS RAMIREZ: I told you, Carlos! It's impossible to understand that map! Why don't we go by cab?
MR RAMIREZ: But I want to go by subway, Conchita!Look, we’re here in Washdo
HUGO:Is that letter ready yet, Lucy?
LUCY: I've nearly finished it, Mr Peters.
HUGO:Well, post it as soon as it's ready, please. I'm just going to the bookstore.
LUCY: Hugo Pete
Carlos Ramirez Visits Washdon - by Kristi Schmidt
A particularly interesting visitor to Washdon this week is the Mexican multi-millionaire Carlos Ramirez.
For those of you
ROWLAND: This is Brighton Station. It's a busy station. Many passengers travel up to London every day from here. I'm going to talk to one or two of the passengers now. Let's tal
PRIEST: Welcome to St. Stephen's Church on this happy day! We are here to celebrate the wedding of David and Juanita. Does anyone here know of any reason why David and Juanita sho
HUGO: I want to speak to Roger Temple.
ROGER: Ah, it's you, Hugo. Well?
HUGO: Look, Roger, I think I know where I can get your money and your passport. It'll just t
A wonderful thing has happened to me: they are sending me to Trinidad to try to catch Hugo Peters, Roger, and “The Boss”. I'm standing in the Airport while
DAVID: This is the life, right? Just sitting here on this beach, having a drink or two, watching the world go by. This is the way to live!
JUANITA: David, I'll go crazy if we stay
MATTHEW: My name's Matthew, and I work at the Virgin Record Store in Brighton, and I'm a sales assistant.
CLARE: How long have you actually worked here?
MATTHEW: Two years.
TAXI DRIVER: Look, where we going man? I tell you there's nothing up this road.
ROGER: Take the next left.
TAXI DRIVER: But there's only a farm up there. Just a few fruit trees,
The Universe Hotel,
Port of Spain,
This is just to say that Juanita and I are having a marvellous honeymoon here on Trinidad. Ther
JOHN: Where’s the phone booth? It’s just around the corner, I think - ah, here it is!
JOHN: Clive: 011 621 8056. Let’s hope he's in.
1ST GIRL: ...so did you take
ROWLAND: Well, I'm here at Southampton Eastleigh Airport on the South Coast of England. It's a small airport with destinations for their flights to the Channel Islands of Guernse
DUDU: Have we got everything now?
SASA: Yeah, I guess so.
JOHN: Hey! How come you've got a Plastic Box van?
DUDU: It's Sasa's Dad's company. He's the Chairman, or something.
The New Music Weekly - 2nd April
by Mike Pinhead.
It's been a good year for new bands and one of the most interesting so far is Washdon duo Nervous Equipme
HELEN: I'm WPC Helen Hanks, and I'm stationed at Lewes Police Station, which is in the county of Sussex in England.
STEPHEN: My name is Stephen Rowle. I'm a Police Constable in
SECRETARY: There it is - the black Toyota! Go!
ROGER: What fools! Did they really think I was stupid enough to stay in the car? Aah, I knew he was going to try and kill me. I'll g
HUGO: Annie, please! Are you there?
CHRIS: Here we go. Hey, are you Annie's dad?
HUGO: Yes, and I want to -
CHRIS: Get lost!
HUGO: What? Look here, young man, I want to see my dau
The Marlborough Hotel
101 Grand Avenue
As I haven't heard anything from you for quite a long time, I thought I'd write you this little letter, just to g
ROWLAND: John - you are a professional broadcaster and journalist and you're also very keen on football. When did that interest start?
JOHN: As a small boy. And I think you'll fi
THACKER: So is that all that happened in Trinidad, Carter? It cost us thousands of dollars to send you there, so that you could speak to Hugo Peters about the view over the Island.
SUSAN: I suppose I'd better go out and do some shopping. Can I just go out like this? I'll have a look at myself. My God! I look awful. I suppose I'll have to wash my face, and
ROWLAND: Myra - you're a professionally trained marriage counsellor. Could you describe your work?
MYRA: Yes, we deal with any type of relationship issue that comes our way. We us
MARCO: Come in!
MARCO: Oh hello, Mary! I wasn't expecting you. What a surprise to see you, and, er…
MARY: I was just passing, so I thought I'd say “Hi”, and in
- 1CRI听力:Top Soprano Nina Stemme receives her Birgit Nilsson Prize in Stockholm
- 3国际英语新闻:News Analysis: In Gaza, possibilities for truce, war are equal
- 4国际英语新闻:CSU suffers great loss in Bavaria state election: initial forecast
- 5国内英语新闻:Chinese premier arrives in Netherlands for official visit
- 6国际英语新闻:Syria calls for int'l investigation into U.S. coalition's "crimes"
- 7国内英语新闻:Premier Li calls for renewing China-Netherlands friendship
- 8国际英语新闻:Iran defies possible impacts of U.S. impending oil sanctions
- 9国内英语新闻:Roundup: China, Belgium see rapid growth in science, technology ties
- 10国际英语新闻:Turkey, Saudi leaders hold phone talk on missing journalist
- 1国际英语新闻:Spotlight: Merkel's Bavarian ally suffers great election loss
- 2国际英语新闻:Malaysia's Anwar expected to return to parliament in by-election
- 3国际英语新闻:Indonesia's quakes, tsunami kill 2,073 as search mission extended
- 4国际英语新闻:Rutte and Merkel hope for more progress in Brexit talks
- 5国际英语新闻:Trump to appoint new ambassador to UN in two or three weeks
- 6国际英语新闻:Romanian FM reiterates desire to join Schengen
- 7国际英语新闻:Voting ends "peacefully" in Cameroon's presidential poll: election body
- 8国际英语新闻:Latvians vote to elect new parliament
- 9国际英语新闻:India inks missile deal with Russia
- 10国际英语新闻:India, Russia talks to focus on energy, space during Putin's visit
- 别扯没用的，土地事实上属于地方政府才是关键。粮食更重要，咋不炒粮食？ 2018-06-23