Scent of a Woman
(S = Lt. Colonel Frank Slade; T = Mr Trask, the headmaster of Baird School)
S: This is such a crock of shit.
T: Please watch your language, Mr. Slade, you are in the Baird s
Teachers Are People
Today, more than ever before, education is playing an important role in the teaching of children. The school has become a vital part of every community, drawing children from ev
（William Shakespeare ）
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
Captain!My Captain!Our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the be
Mr. Holland's opus
My - My apologies for my tardiness, and uh, Principle Walters, I’d like to know. Yes, I brought a note for my mother. Mr Holland had a profound influence on my life, on a lot o
She Walks in Beauty
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies；
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes；
Thus mellowed to
The Road Not Taken （未选择的路）
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
A Red, Red Rose
O My luve’s* like a red, red rose，
That’s newly sprung in June；
O my luve’s like the melodie，
That’s sweetly play’d in tune．
As fair art thou, my bonnie las
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
Sundays too my father got up early
and put his clothes on in the blue black cold,
then with cracked hands that ached
from labor in the weekday weather made
Fair daffodils，we weep to see
you haste away so soon；
as yet the early-rising sun
has not attain'd his noon.
until the hasting day
but to t
Hope is the thing with feathers
Hope" is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—
And sweetest — in the Ga
Spring is coming, spring is coming,
Birdies, build your nest;
Weave together straw and feather,
Doing each your best.
Spring is coming, spring is coming,
Flowers are comi
DO YOU FEAR THE WIND?
DO you fear the force of the wind,
The slash of the rain?
Go face them and fight them,
Be savage again.
Go hungry and cold like the wolf,
Go wade like the
The tree has entered my hands,
The sap has ascended my arms,
The tree has grown in my breast-
The branches grow out of me, like arms.
Tree you are,
Moss you are,
The night is beautiful,
So the faces of my people.
The stars are beautiful,
So the eyes of my people.
Beautiful, also, is the sun.
Beautiful, also, are the souls of my p
I would liken you
To a night without stars
Were it not for your eyes.
I would liken you
To a sleep without dreams
Were it not for your songs.
By langston Hughes
“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah,my foes, and oh,my friends-
It gives a lovely light!"
-----Edna St. Vincent Millay
Vice President Johnson, Mr. Speaker, Mr. Chief Justice, President Eisenhower, Vice President Nixon, President Truman, reverend clergy, fellow citizens, we observe today not a v
Remarks in welcoming ceremonies in Xi'an
Mayor Fang, Governor Cheng, Secretary Li:
Ni Men Hao! Thank you for the key to your city and for this magnificent welcome. Here in this ancient capital,
President Bush addresses Nation on space shuttle Columbia tragedy
My fellow Americans, this day has brought terrible news and great sadness to our country. At 9:00 a.m. this morning, Mission Contro
I stand before you today, the representative of a family in grief, in a country in mourning, before a world in shock.
We are all united, not only in our desire to pay our respect
The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking.
Over harbor and cityon silent haunches
and then moves on.
By Carl Sandgurg
- 1每日一句 英语句子
- 2CRI听力:Interview with Oscars Vice President
- 3CRI听力:72nd Cannes Film Festival lineup unveiled
- 4CRI听力:Co-operation and young filmmakers' future in hot discussion at the film festival
- 5CRI听力:China's cross-border capital flow remains stable in Q1: spokesperson
- 6CRI听力:IFAD attributes China’s poverty alleviation success to vision and commitment
- 9又到一年飞絮季 北京绘“杨柳地图” 力争到2020年改善
- 10国际英语新闻:News Analysis: Trump's veto proves U.S. main role in prolonging Yemen's war
- 1国际英语新闻:U.S. Justice Department releases redacted version of Mueller report on Russia probe
- 2国际英语新闻:France to launch int'l competition to rebuild Notre Dame fire-ravaged spire
- 3国际英语新闻:Iran FM visits Syria, Turkey to discuss ties
- 4国际英语新闻:"Terrible" fire breaks out at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- 5国际英语新闻:Int'l warrior competition starts in Jordan
- 6国际英语新闻:Yemen parliament convenes for 1st time after 4 years of conflict
- 7国际英语新闻:Trump says 3rd meeting with DPRK's Kim possible
- 8国际英语新闻:EU27 grants flexible Brexit extension until end of October
- 9国际英语新闻:Yemen expects Kuwait's contribution to help economic recovery: FM
- 10国际英语新闻:Greek borders are not reopening, officials say
- 观察：激发乡村振兴的巾帼力量 2019-04-14
- （两会受权发布）中华人民共和国国家监察委员会主任简历 2019-04-12
- 世界杯老司机速成手册：球场之上，谁的眼泪在飞 2019-04-12
- 山西：鼓励可再生能源电力企业参与市场交易 2019-04-09
- 重庆“8D迷宫”楼走红 网友：住户能找到自己家吗 2019-04-08
- 女性之声——全国妇联 2019-04-08
- 有人踢球踢进了手术室 有人看球看到脖子扳牢了 2019-04-03
- 奥迪面临新一轮排放作弊调查 全球涉6万辆A6A7 2019-04-03
- “坏”胆固醇有六大克星 2019-04-02
- 售8.98万-15.18万元 2018款广汽传祺GS4上市 2019-04-02
- 据说2018北京高考作文这样写能得满分 2019-03-29
- 新华时评：磋商，不等于反复折腾 2019-03-29
- 践行“两山论”是一场发展的革命 2019-03-27
- 企鹅也怕冷 全国降温动物们也开启过冬模式 2019-03-24
- 5月一二三线城市房价环比都涨了 后续会咋样？ ——凤凰网房产济南 2019-03-19157| 207| 263| 237| 177| 954| 6| 518| 464| 966| 762| 512| 934| 482| 514|