Scent of a Woman
(S = Lt. Colonel Frank Slade; T = Mr Trask, the headmaster of Baird School)
S: This is such a crock of shit.
T: Please watch your language, Mr. Slade, you are in the Baird s
Teachers Are People
Today, more than ever before, education is playing an important role in the teaching of children. The school has become a vital part of every community, drawing children from ev
（William Shakespeare ）
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
Captain!My Captain!Our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the be
Mr. Holland's opus
My - My apologies for my tardiness, and uh, Principle Walters, I’d like to know. Yes, I brought a note for my mother. Mr Holland had a profound influence on my life, on a lot o
She Walks in Beauty
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies；
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes；
Thus mellowed to
The Road Not Taken （未选择的路）
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
A Red, Red Rose
O My luve’s* like a red, red rose，
That’s newly sprung in June；
O my luve’s like the melodie，
That’s sweetly play’d in tune．
As fair art thou, my bonnie las
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
Sundays too my father got up early
and put his clothes on in the blue black cold,
then with cracked hands that ached
from labor in the weekday weather made
Fair daffodils，we weep to see
you haste away so soon；
as yet the early-rising sun
has not attain'd his noon.
until the hasting day
but to t
Hope is the thing with feathers
Hope" is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—
And sweetest — in the Ga
Spring is coming, spring is coming,
Birdies, build your nest;
Weave together straw and feather,
Doing each your best.
Spring is coming, spring is coming,
Flowers are comi
DO YOU FEAR THE WIND?
DO you fear the force of the wind,
The slash of the rain?
Go face them and fight them,
Be savage again.
Go hungry and cold like the wolf,
Go wade like the
The tree has entered my hands,
The sap has ascended my arms,
The tree has grown in my breast-
The branches grow out of me, like arms.
Tree you are,
Moss you are,
The night is beautiful,
So the faces of my people.
The stars are beautiful,
So the eyes of my people.
Beautiful, also, is the sun.
Beautiful, also, are the souls of my p
I would liken you
To a night without stars
Were it not for your eyes.
I would liken you
To a sleep without dreams
Were it not for your songs.
By langston Hughes
“My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah,my foes, and oh,my friends-
It gives a lovely light!"
-----Edna St. Vincent Millay
Vice President Johnson, Mr. Speaker, Mr. Chief Justice, President Eisenhower, Vice President Nixon, President Truman, reverend clergy, fellow citizens, we observe today not a v
Remarks in welcoming ceremonies in Xi'an
Mayor Fang, Governor Cheng, Secretary Li:
Ni Men Hao! Thank you for the key to your city and for this magnificent welcome. Here in this ancient capital,
President Bush addresses Nation on space shuttle Columbia tragedy
My fellow Americans, this day has brought terrible news and great sadness to our country. At 9:00 a.m. this morning, Mission Contro
I stand before you today, the representative of a family in grief, in a country in mourning, before a world in shock.
We are all united, not only in our desire to pay our respect
The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking.
Over harbor and cityon silent haunches
and then moves on.
By Carl Sandgurg
- 1每日一句 英语句子
- 5国际英语新闻:European ALDE PMs highlight EU single market, pledge to counter populism
- 6国内英语新闻:China's top legislator holds talks with Iran's parliament speaker
- 7国际英语新闻:Iran says Pakistani nationals involved in suicide attack on guards
- 8国内英语新闻:Wei Fenghe meets Vietnam's deputy minister of national defense
- 9国际英语新闻:UN condemns deadly bombings in Idlib of Syria
- 10国内英语新闻:China's senior political advisor visits Germany
- 1国际英语新闻:UAE signs 1.3 bln USD military deals in defense fairs
- 2国际英语新闻:Merkel advocates cooperation, multilateralism in Munich
- 3国际英语新闻:Spotlight: Trump to sign bill to avert gov't shutdown, declare emergency to fund border wal
- 4国际英语新闻:Feature: Fresh construction projects spring up amid improved security in Iraq
- 5国际英语新闻:Gov't ready to negotiate with opposition without preconditions: Venezuelan FM
- 6国际英语新闻:Israel says killing of Israeli woman "terror attack"
- 7国际英语新闻:Hungarian PM announces bold seven-point action plan to fight population decline
- 8国际英语新闻:Yemeni conjoined twins die awaiting transfer abroad for lifesaving surgery
- 9国际英语新闻:Acting U.S. attorney general says he has not interfered with Russia probe
- 10国际英语新闻:EU migration commissioner calls for comprehensive agreement on asylum system
- 西部网（陕西新闻网）www.cnwest.com 2019-02-19
- 新疆普通高考评卷工作有序进行 2018-12-10
- 明德门遗址保护工程启动 唐长安城第一门将重见天日 2018-12-10
- 文化山西：风华长城岁月歌 2018-11-10
- 2018广州中考语文作文题揭晓：《原来这么简单》 2018-11-10
- 10名藏医学子首次被授予临床医学硕士学位 2018-11-04
- 别扯没用的，土地事实上属于地方政府才是关键。粮食更重要，咋不炒粮食？ 2018-06-23764| 487| 36| 827| 384| 867| 67| 174| 415| 291| 692| 596| 604| 400| 844|