He Taught Us to Love
Russ was a lovable kid with a myriad of communication challenges a speech impediment, dyslexia, auditory and large motor problems. But today he is walking confidently, standing
[00:02.02]A New Toy for Curie’s Daughter
[00:06.62]Pierre Curie made a trip to London to receive the Davy Medal.
[00:11.09]This great honor had been awarded to Pierre and Marie by the Royal Societ
[00:02.13]My Friend, Albert Einstein
[00:04.96]He was one of the greatest scientists the world has ever known,
[00:09.99]yet if I had to convey the essence of Albert Einstein in a single word,
[00:03.45]Years ago, when I was working as a psychologist at a children's institution in England,
[00:10.88]an adolescent boy showed up in the waiting room. It was David.
[00:01.37]Flowers on the Bus
[00:04.31]We were a very motley crowd of people who took the bus every day
[00:09.56]that summer 33 years ago.
[00:11.65]During the early morning ride from the suburb
[00:01.69]The God in Youth: Michael Jordan
[00:05.51]The summer after ninth grade,
[00:08.68]Michael Jordan and Smith both went to Pop Herring’s basketball camp.
[00:13.73]In Smith’s mind there
[00:02.36]The Boy with the Billion-Dollar Secret怀有亿万美元秘密的男孩
[00:06.60]One day in 1965, when I was a librarian
[00:11.21]at View Ridge School in Seattle a fourth-grade teacher approached m
[00:03.75]In 1921, Lewis Lawes became the warden at Sing Sing Prison of New York State.
[00:12.08]No prison was tougher than Sing Sing during that time.
[00:01.80]Li Ka-shing and a Coin李嘉诚和一枚硬币
[00:04.19]Once while trying to reach his car key,
[00:08.79]Li Ka-shing (East Asia’s richest man and generous philanthropist)
[00:14.15]dropped a t
[00:00.00]Most Beautiful People 英语智慧背囊
[00:10.66]The most beautiful people are those who have known defeat,
[00:15.46]suffering, struggle, loss,
[00:17.22]and have found their way out of the
[00:05.06]When I was growing up, I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs.
[00:10.43]He was very nice, and never yelled at us for playing in his yard.
[00:04.54]This is kind of personal. It may get a little syrupy, so watch out.
[00:10.78]It started as a note to my wife.
[00:12.97]And then I thought that sinc
[00:02.02]How Napoleon Crossed the Alps拿破仑是怎样越过阿尔卑斯山的
[00:04.74]In France there lived a great general whose name was Napoleon Bonaparte.
[00:11.53]He was the leader of the French army
[00:01.47]The Medal of Life生命的奖牌
[00:03.75]After giving a talk at a high school,
[00:07.49]I was asked to pay a visit to a special student.
[00:10.32]An illness had kept the boy home,
[00:01.81]Laughing Matter 一笑置之
[00:05.07]Cancer is no laughing matter,
[00:08.57]but a woman suffering through chemotherapy is rethinking that.
[00:11.75]Bonnie Southcott, of Ferndale, Washing
[00:00.00]A Better World 英语智慧背囊
[00:04.66]This is the true joy of life,
[00:08.05]being a force of nature to make the world a better place,
[00:11.76]instead of a selfish little clot,
[00:00.00]The Green Banana青香蕉
[00:05.07]My encounter with the green banana started on a steep mountain road in Brazil.
[00:11.31]My ancient jeep was zigzagging when the radiator began to leak.
[00:00.00]World of Smiles 微笑的世界
[00:06.17]About ten years ago
[00:09.12]when I was an undergraduate in college,
[00:11.42]I was working as an intern at my University’s Museum of Natural His
[00:00.00]Think it over 好好想想
[00:04.55]Today we have higherbuildings and wider highways,
[00:09.26]but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
[00:12.75]We spend more, but enjoy less
[00:00.00]The Best Teacher I Ever Had 我遇到的最好的老师
[00:05.41]Mr. Whitson taught sixth-grade science.
[00:10.00]On the first day of class,
[00:12.09]he gave us a lecture about a creature calle
[00:00.00]An overcoat 一件大衣
[00:04.53]My l4-year-old son, John,
[00:07.60]and I spotted the coat simultaneously.
[00:10.22]It was hanging on a rack
[00:12.53]at a secondhand clothing store i
[00:00.00]Easter in Jackson 杰克逊的复活节
[00:05.25]The pounding rain began in the middle of the night.
[00:09.65]The people of Jackson,
[00:11.08]Ohio awoke to the sound then went back to sleep
[00:00.00]Salted Wisdom 盐一样的智慧
[00:04.53]A story tells about a senior villager
[00:08.34]who led other villagers carrying salt day and night to a town
[00:11.98]in order to trade barley as
[00:00.00]My First Poem 我写的第一首诗
[00:05.73]When I was eight, I wrote my first poem.
[00:09.01]My mother read the little poem and poured out her praise.
[00:12.75]Why, this poem was nothing s
- 1CRI听力:Legendary pianist Rudolf Buchbinder returns to China for Beethoven concerto
- 4国际英语新闻: UNGA allows Palestine more functions as G77 chair for 2019
- 5国际英语新闻: U.S., Saudi Arabia agree on "thorough" investigation of journalist's disappearance
- 6国际英语新闻: Palestinian dies of wounds sustained during anti-Israel protests in Gaza
- 7国内英语新闻:Xi reiterates China's commitment to free trade, globalization
- 8国际英语新闻: South Africa pledges support for peace process in South Sudan
- 9国内英语新闻:China, Norway vow to write new chapter in bilateral ties
- 10国际英语新闻: Cambodian PM embarks on 9-day European tour
- 1国内英语新闻:Xi reiterates China's commitment to free trade, globalization
- 2国际英语新闻:Hostage safely freed at Cologne station incident
- 3国际英语新闻:Spotlight: Merkel's Bavarian ally suffers great election loss
- 4国际英语新闻:Malaysia's Anwar expected to return to parliament in by-election
- 5国际英语新闻:Indonesia's quakes, tsunami kill 2,073 as search mission extended
- 6国际英语新闻:Rutte and Merkel hope for more progress in Brexit talks
- 7国际英语新闻:Trump to appoint new ambassador to UN in two or three weeks
- 8国际英语新闻:Romanian FM reiterates desire to join Schengen
- 9国际英语新闻:Voting ends "peacefully" in Cameroon's presidential poll: election body
- 10国际英语新闻:Latvians vote to elect new parliament
- 别扯没用的，土地事实上属于地方政府才是关键。粮食更重要，咋不炒粮食？ 2018-06-23